Distance learning, also called distance education, e-learning, and online learning, form of education in which the main elements include physical separation of teachers and students during instruction and the use of various technologies to facilitate student-teacher and student-student communication.
The top benefit of distance education is its flexibility. Students can choose when, where, and how they learn by selecting the time, place, and medium for their education. For those who want direct, live access to teachers there are video conferencing options. Various methodds are used for distance learningsuch as audio/video broadcasting, audio/video teleconferencing, computer aided instruction, e-learning/ online-learning, Lerning Management Systems etc.
Best remote access software for distance learning are as follows
- Zoom – for synchronous video lessons.
- Google Classroom – for a free LMS.
- Microsoft Teams – for a connected digital learning hub.
- Blackboard Learn – for top-of-the-range higher education LMS.
- Slack – for peer and organization communication.
- Floop – for work questions and support.
Mobile data & broadbabd service providers have introduced cost serving data packages for using most common distance learning softwares.
Please us following links for more information about cost saving data packages which can be used for distance learning in Sri Lanka.